Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tales of Children's Theatre

Scene 1

Aaron and Jina have just finished a show, and they're packing up the set. Teacher approaches.

Teacher: That was a great show.

Aaron: Thanks.

Teacher: I really enjoyed it.

Jina: Aww. That's so sweet.

Teacher: I just have a few notes.

Aaron: *through fake smile* Oh really?

Teacher: I took the liberty of writing them down. *offers paper*

Aaron: *fake smile gets bigger* You shouldn't have. You REALLY shouldn't have.

End Scene

Scene 2

Editor's Note: Melanie was the sweetest human ever created. She NEVER cursed. Her idea of using profanity was "son of a biscuit".

Aaron and Melanie are in the middle of doing a show in Jacksonville, Florida. The audience is less than receptive. So far, they have been heckling, loudly talking, and throwing pennies on the stage. Aaron is backstage changing costumes. A very frazzled Melanie comes backstage.

Melanie: These motherfuckers are getting on my nerves.

Aaron:

End Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales From the War: Battle Strategies

My undergraduate degree was a theatre degree with teacher certification. Unfortunately, when I graduated in December, all the theatre te...